Chimney’s can be forever a problem and are one of the main causes of damp and roof leaks. The best way to make certain that your chimney will be completely sealed and problem free is to ensure that they meet the following requirements:
- Chimneys must be pointed adequately
- Lead back gutters and front aprons must be free from rips and tears
- Cover flashings must have enough cover and be sealed efficiently
- Lead soakers must be correctly installed
- Chimney pots must be bedded firmly using the correct mixture of sand, cement and sealants
In some cases chimney’s are beyond repair and can need rebuilding or removing completely.
If you feel your chimney requires any of the above, contact us now for a free quotation.